Ministry of National Defense announced FRF that Steaua has not paid the taxes for 5 years and they want to draw back their license Gigi Becali: "I have never seen such a dodge like in the match CFR - Internaţional!" (video)
### Gigi announces that he will leave Ghencea with the team if he is forced to pay the taxes of 40.000 euro every month, plus back payments of 1,5 million
### The sponsor of Steaua affirms that the minister Gabriel Oprea makes the games to confiscate him the club Steaua and that behind this business is also Iordănescu
Steaua and Gigi Becali received yesterday a strike below the belt. The club is in a great danger to be evacuated from the stadium Ghencea. More than that, it is possible not to receive for the next season and to be degraded in League 2.
Ministry of National Defense informed FRF
"Ministry of Defense has sent an official address to FRF through which affirms that I haven’t paid the taxes for the buildings from Ghencea in the last 5 years and they want the license to be drawn back", declared yesterday Becali at GSP TV. How did this shock-hypothesis appear?
The Court of Auditors has made a control at the City Hall of District 6 and they discovered that the tax on the buildings from the Condo Ghencea was not paid. Ministry of National Defense was summoned, but because in the Fiscal Code there is a provision that the Army, as the owner, should not be the one that pays the taxes, but the tenant, than ANAF went to the football club, which has in this moment a debt of more than 1,5 million euro.
Where it comes from such a big amount? Becali invested a lot in the last few years in the stadium, and the price of the buildings has suddenly advanced in the evaluations made by the Revenue Authority, the quota from the tax becoming a very big one. "Besides, apart from the rent of 25.000 euro every month, we have to pay from now on another tax of 40.000 euro. It is unacceptable, we will leave from Ghencea", said Becali.
Oprea allied with Iordănescu?
Steaua has contested the debt, and yesterday after he was informed by the people in the club, Gigi Becali called the minister of Defense, Gabriel Oprea, with whom he had a violent dialogue. "I thought this is a joke and they want to take Steaua from me, but now I really think this. There are 3 persons that want to do this, Oprea, plus another one, and a former glory", said Becali, with straight reference to Iordănescu, this one being a very good friend with Gabriel Oprea.
Becali announces: "I am leaving from Ghencea"
A proof that Steaua could be evacuated from Ghencea is the fact that Becali really thinks about another stadium. "Buzău is one of the variant, but also Urziceni. I will no longer stay to give one million euro every year for the stadium. This is out of question. Anyway, they can confiscate me the stadium, but they cannot take Steaua, only if they give money for this or if they kill me", concluded Becali.
"I won’t leave Ghencea until they give me the money on what I ransomed from the stadium when they had put up the goods for auction. If not, I will burn all the grounds and I will cut the nocturne"
"Oprea and Iordănescu are envious on me because I appear too much on TV"
"If I knew 5 years ago that I have to pay the taxes for the buildings in which I invested and which remain to the Romanian state, I would have left immediately from Ghencea with the team and we would have played somewhere else"
Gigi Becali, sponsor Steaua
"Do you want to take Steaua? Give me the money and take it!"
Becali revealed some extracts from the violent dialogue he had yesterday with the minister of Defense, Gabriel Oprea
- Mr. Becali, have you cleared up the stadium issue in the discussion you had with Gabriel Oprea?
- No, I haven’t cleared up, I thought he is my friend. I addressed to him with «Mr. Minister» and he called me «hey Becali» until I got angry and I also called him «hey Gabi». He was irritated and asked me who am I to talk to him like this?!
- Ok, but...
- Well, who are you, Gabriel Oprea? Are you Minister? So what, because if I tell how I met him 6 years ago, I think it will be a disaster. I won’t say it now, but he shouldn’t believe he is God on the earth because he is not and if I tell everything I know about him...
- Some time ago you told that you were friends.
- Well, even I thought we were friends. In the election campaign I told to a nephew to put some poster showings for Oprea, then I was a good boy, but since he is Minister he turned against me. Gabriel Oprea shall know one thing, that from tomorrow he might not be Minister and then he shall see what happens.
- Do you think he wants to confiscate you the club Steaua?
- I think so. I have also told him on the phone: «Do you want Steaua? Very well, give me the money, and take it». There is someone behind him. At first I hold this in derision, but there are three persons behind him and among them is also a former glory.
- I won’t say more now.
Only 6 teams pay the rent
Among the 18 teams from League 1, only 6 teams pay a rent for the stadium. The rest of 12 have the stadium in concession, or the City Hall does not make a request for money, or the teams have their own stadium.
The team The annual rent (euro)
Poli Timişoara 36.000
Curtea de Argeş 30.000
"I will move Steaua in Pipera"
Gigi Becali affirmed that he has variants to evolve in another part except Ghencea. "It is possible to move at Buzău, or maybe at Urziceni. Anyway, when the stadium from Pipera will be ready, I will move the club in Voluntari, and «good bye». It will be a nice stadium of 80 million euro, and Steaua will evolve at home in Pipera", declared Becali. Even the sponsor of Steaua lives in the district Pipera.
The stadia where Steaua has played since 1947 – It has never left Bucharest
- stadium inaugurated in 1931 and destroyed after 1948 by the communists
- situated on Dîmboviţei Quay, the place between the students house from the Faculty of Law, the Romanian Opera House and the Students Culture House
- CCA played here only 3 matches: the first two laps from the championship 1947-1948, plus the 4th lap
- was inaugurated in 1926, having a capacity of 40.000 seats
- situated on Spirii Hill, the area between the Minister of Defense, hotel Parliament and the People’s House
- CCA evolved there for the first time on September 28, 1947, in front of 40.000 spectators, loosing with FC Ploieşti, 1-2
- inaugurated at the end of 1948, with a capacity of 28.000 seats
- built on the place of the former "ANEF" Bucharest
- the last match played by Steaua here was on November 5, 1972, against U Cluj, in front of 20.000 spectators
- inaugurated on April 1974, having a capacity of 30.000 seats
- Steaua played permanently in the last 36 years, leaving the stadium only when the game field was rebuilt
- inaugurated in 1953
- situated on Basarabiei Avenue
- Steaua disputed a few matches considered to be on its own field in the 60's, the 70's and the 80's
- it came back on this field in 2006, when the greensward was changed in Ghencea, making here the greatest performance after the Revolution, the qualification in the semifinals of UEFA Cup 2005-2006